If you have left over and over ripe bananas, a banana bread bread is a perfect way to salvage those bananas. Well, atleast one way to use them. I had tried several recipes from the net and was disappointed every time. Till I stumbled upon this recipe. The recipe is adapted from www.recipegirl.com.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (chiquita)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
I over baked the bread a bit this time. Hence the dark shade. But it still tastes delicious.