How to prepare henna paste
Henna has been used from ancient times to color hair. Henna is good for hair growth as well.
Here is my take on preparing the henna paste to apply on the head.
1. Henna powder - 2 cups
2. Coffee powder - 1 tsp
3. Dabur amla hair oil - 1/2 cup
4. Olive oil - 2 tbsp
5. Hibiscus flower powder - 1/4 cup (optional)
6. Black tea (strained and cooled)/plain water - as required to make the paste
7. Yoghurt - 1/4 cup (mix it before applying onto hair)
8. Egg - 1 (optional; mix before applying onto hair)
9. Iron vessel - to mix everything
10. Gloves and brush - for application
11. Shower cap/plastic cover/cling film
Always use an iron vessel to mix the henna.
Let it sit undisturbed overnight (store it outside; not in a fridge) and apply the next day on heavily oiled hair (you can use coconut oil or olive oil).
See the dark color on the sides. An iron vessel is important if you are planning to color your hair using henna.
In the above picture, I have mixed in the yoghurt, given the whole mixture a good stir and is ready to be applied onto the hair. Keep it on for 2 - 3 hours and wash off with a shampoo and apply conditioner. Or else if you want a deeper color, wash the henna off with plain water and apply conditioner and air dry it. And on the next day, wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner.