This recipe was taken from Vanitha magazine (forgot which edition though). I had put my name for a cooking competition held by one of the associations in Kuwait and guess what, this pudding won the third prize :) :) :).
Thanks to Vanitha and the author of this recipe.
Here is how it is prepared:
1. Apricots – 20
2. Water – 3 cup
3. Sugar – 1 cup
4. China grass – 8gm
Water – 1 ½ cup
5. Condensed milk – 1 tin
Milk – 5 cups
Sugar – 5 tbsp
6. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
7. China grass – 7gm
Water – 1 ½ cup
8. Fresh Orange juice – 3 cups
Lemon juice – a little
Sugar – as required
1. De-seed the apricots and cook it with water. Add the sugar after the apricots are
cooked well and mix it well.
2. Once the above sauce is ready, let it cool and pour it into a glass dish.
3. To prepare the second layer, soak the china grass in water for 10 minutes.
Melt it on a medium flame.
4. In the same time in another pan, add the milk, condensed milk, and sugar and
heat it. Keep stirring continuously.
5. Once the china grass is melted, pour it into the milk mixture. Remove from flame
and add the vanilla essence, stir well, and let it cool a bit.
6. Pour the china grass mixture over the apricot sauce layer and keep it in the fridge
7. Melt the china grass for the third layer.
8. Mix orange juice, lemon juice and sugar and heat it. Once the china grass is
melted, add it to the orange juice mixture , mix well and remove from fire.
9. Keep the orange juice-china grass mixture in the fridge and when it starts to set,
using a spoon , spread it over the pudding as the third layer and allow it to set.
10. Decorate with cherries, oranges and caramelized nuts.