Recently I joined a group of energetic and fun loving ladies for a detox diet. I am lazy trying to pack individual stuff to get me through the day; this is a great recipe that packs in a lot of good stuff all rolled into one. One small laddoo can cut down your hunger pangs and sugar cravings. And to top it off, it is home made. yayyy..with easily available ingredients.
1. Oats - 1 cup (I used quaker quick cooking oats)
2. Dates - 15-20(pitted)
3. Walnuts - 1/4 cup
4. Cashew nut - 1 tbsp
5. Almonds - 2 tbsp
6. Flax seeds - 1.5tsp
7. Ghee - 2 tbsp (home made is better)
8. Honey - 1 tbsp (optional)
Dry roast the oats in a pan for about 3 minutes. Do not brown. Powder coarsely when cooled. Toast the walnuts. Powder the walnuts, cashews, almonds and flax seeds separately. Chop the dates. Mix all together by adding the ghee. Add honey. Roll into small laddoos. I got about 12 laddoos from the above recipe. They don't go stale even if kept outside.One ladoo a day keeps you happy,full and healthy :D
1. You can use untoasted walnuts too.
2. You can add a pinch of cardamom for the flavor.
3. Honey is optional. If the dates you are using isn't the sticky kind, you may need to use honey.
Recipe adapted from https://asheescookbook.com/dates-and-oats-energy-balls-recipe