Popular posts from this blog
Tawas - an all natural deodorant
Ever since I read about deodorants and their side effects, I have been on the search for an all-natural deodorant. Coconut oil can be used since it has antibacterial properties. Just apply a small amount after bath and when you wake up you will not have smelly underarms. But once you start sweating, you end up smelling but not as bad. But then it fails totally when you do some heavy duty work like exercise. Another option is mixing equal amounts of baking soda, corn flour and coconut oil. This concoction does work but it takes time for the body to get adjusted for it to work for you. And then too, it isn't effective during exercise. And again my search was on. It was during a casual talk with a friend that she mentioned about Tawas and how she was using it as a deodorant. I couldn't wait to try it out and bought it the same day :) This is how the packaging is. A small see through container filled up to the brim. There are scented and non-scented var...
The semolina bread saga
I love to bake. It is therapeutic for me :) There is something about the measuring,sifting,kneading,pouring and seeing the fruits of my labour rising to glory in the oven. I have seen many bread recipes while roaming the cyber space but was a little scared to venture into trying a recipe; Until a friend of mine, who is an avid baker (oh my you just have to see her posts) posted photos of her home made bread on the social media. A little chat with her and she encouraged me and I went ahead and tried my hands at baking bread at home. Oh my, bread making is a sticky process but at the end of it all, you feel proud of your creation. You can go wrong too if you are not careful. The bread can become dense if you knead it too much or add too much water. To sum it up, you need to try it out a few times before you can master it. Well, a semolina bread is what I would call a beginner bread baker recipe. You can never really go that wrong with this recipe. And a positive end ...


Comments
Post a Comment
Your thoughts: